Transparent soft lumps like Warabi mochi sticking to the tree trunk

  I’d like to show you transparent soft lumps like Warabi mochi, sticking to the tree trunk along the forest road I always walk around. For your information, Warabi mochi is a Japanese dessert made from bracken starch and sugar, with a jelly-like consistency, slightly chewy. This is one of my favorite raw Japanese desserts. 

 This is the Warabi mochi I bought at a supermarket. We enjoy it with kinako (roasted soybean flour mixed with sugar) or brown sugar syrup.  When I bought it, Warabi mochi were sticking together, so I loosened them to eat easily.

 Originally, Warabi mochi was made from bracken starch, but nowadays made from processed starch. If you chill it in the fridge for a while it tastes better. 

 To get back to what I was saying earlier, I noticed these transparent lumps and took photos yesterday, but last night a considerable amount of rain has fallen, so I just thought these lumps had been already washed away.

 But, today, I found these lumps still firmly sticked to the trunk. That was unexpected. Needless to say, it is a tree sap. I think this lump is more transparent and clearer than Warabi mochi, maybe due to the rain last night.



This picture was taken yesterday. Soft lumps were sticking to the tree in this state.

The leaves of this tree are like this. I'm not sure what the tree is, sorry.

 

Comments

Popular Posts