I harvested boysenberries this year again

 The boysenberries that I planted in front of my house about 5 years ago have fully ripen this year too. The name boysenberry comes from Mr. Boysen, the original grower in the northern California about 100 years ago.

 Until last year, I have occasionally picked at the fruits and tasted, but this year I refrained from nibbling them before harvesting all at once. 

 After harvesting, I washed them with tapping water to remove any dirt or bugs, divided them into small portions in plastic bags, and froze them except what I’ll eat today.  It's best to eat it raw, but it is also delicious mixed the semi-thawed berry with yogurt. 

 The boysenberries in front of my house are planted just as a hobby. And yet, they can bear many fruits. The branches that bore fruit this year will die after harvesting. But, the new branches that are elongating now will bear fruit next year. So, I have to take care of new growing branches for the next year's harvest.


 I think the bagworm's bag have enlarged compared to before. From my observation, the bagworm can move on the branch with 3 pairs of legs and cut a thin stalk with its mouth and stick it on the bag.


I have to wait until the fruits turn blackish to become luscious.


 They're even sticking out and spilling over the fence.




I think the first ripen fruits are larger than the second or third ones and delicious.










Comments

Popular Posts